`'"ssh"' is not recognized as an internal or external command
Tom Haws
2004-03-31 06:12:22 UTC
Error message:

cvs checkout -P phpGedView (in directory C:\My Documents\Tom\CVS)
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `'"ssh"' is not
recognized as an internal or external command,
' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `operable program or
batch file.
' from cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
messages if any)

I have been using WinCVS on one computer fine. I am trying to set up
another the exact same way, but I can't checkout a module. I get the
above error every time I try. I have tried changing settings in
Admin, Preferences, but always the same message.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/z3wwlB/TM

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Oliver Giesen
2004-03-31 08:25:39 UTC
Post by Tom Haws
cvs checkout -P phpGedView (in directory C:\My Documents\Tom\CVS)
How did you manage to do that?! WinCvs usually does not even display
folders called "CVS". You shouldn't be able to run a command from
there... Which version of WinCvs are you using and on what OS?
Post by Tom Haws
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `'"ssh"' is not
recognized as an internal or external command,
' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `operable program or
batch file.
' from cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
messages if any)
I have been using WinCVS on one computer fine. I am trying to set up
another the exact same way, but I can't checkout a module. I get the
above error every time I try. I have tried changing settings in
Admin, Preferences, but always the same message.
What SSH client are you using? If the client executable is not called
ssh.exe (e.g. PuTTY's would be called plink.exe) you have to explicitly
specify it in the SSH preferences.

Hope this helps.

Oliver
------
In everybody's best interest, please do not post or CC technical
questions to me in private unless they are specifically about a
macro/product of mine that is NOT already bundled with WinCvs. I will
generally forward my replies to such posts to the CVSGUI list without
further notice.
JID: ***@jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742 (http://wwp.icq.com/18777742)

Yahoo! Groups Links